[NAGDU] FW: [Njagdu] Taking a Service Animal to a Job Interview: Public Access or Reasonable Accommodation?

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sat Apr 29 09:43:00 UTC 2017

hmmm that's news to me about the office being a private space, well
frankly any interview I've gone to over the years I've had dogs has been
accompanied by my guide dog. I do know for a fact that at least one job
was denied because of my use of a guide dog but that was let's see 22
years ago and though I got a lawyer I frankly didn't know what I was
doing then and was not too savy about it. , I don't doubt that other
denials could have been related. But that clause about offices and so on
being private sspace is tricky, I mean what if it's a store or business
that is indeed open to the public but then the interviewer wants you in
his HR office or private office?  And when I was working  I never
complied if I had to go to a meeting and I was told it would be better
not to have my guide dog since I figured wI was in the right whether I
was or not..so I went with my dog anyway

Thoughts any one?