[NAGDU] Greetings from a new poster

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 23:26:23 UTC 2017

The hands free leash is the one I make.  I own a company that produces
guide dog products.  Anyway, you wear it over a shoulder or across your
body.  The other end clips to the dog's leash,  functioning just like
any other leash.

Amazon has a load of different hands free leashes.  Most of those attach
to a belt and have a bungee leash portion.  The concept is the same
though.  You can be connected to your dog without having to hold onto a
leash.

It's what I like to use when I'm standing behind a table and interacting
with the public in some sort of sales/promotional capacity.  It does
help if the dog is out of sight, behind a table cloth or next to some
strategically placed boxes or something. Much less interference from the
public that way.  When I do these sorts of table things, I'm not worried
about my dog doing something inappropriate as much as I am cautious
about little kids crawling under the table.  It's happened.

You're thinking through what is best and that's great!  Make your best
guess as to how to handle it and be open to trying something else if
plan A doesn't work out so well.   Really that's all anyone can do.

Julie