[NAGDU] Apprentice Instructor

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Sun Aug 6 20:13:51 UTC 2017

I think a blind user, handler, and or instructor would do very well as a
team member, I am sure that blind people can train guide dogs as I know
some amazing owner trainers, don't know if the way the schools and
training are set up how easy it would be for a blind instructor to do
the things instructors do, but as I said, as a team member in a team of
instructors let's say I could think of plenty a blind experienced
handler could do. when I was a kid, I  dreamed of working as a guide dog
instructor, but frankly it's not struggle that I think I'm up for, I
mean you'd really have to struggle to be accepted and so on, and frankly
there are better dog handlers around so if there were an instructor I
don't think it should be me--smile it is true I  am crazy about  dogs
and I really  get a kick    out of people anyway--smile

.

I think all told I'd rather have a dog that someone else trains for me
and hopefully the dog  has a ll the basics down so I can just get the
dog used to my needs and my way of doing things--smile.

Take care and enjoy the day.