[NAGDU] Special needs

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:10:38 UTC 2017

There are several programs that will cross train a guide dog to
perform mobility tasks. Guiding Eyes and the Guide Dog Foundation do,
and at least one other program... maybe Leader. There are other
programs however that are perfectly willing to train a guide for a
person with multiple disabilities; however, they do not actually train
dogs to perform additional tasks (bracing, retrieval, etc.) Depending
on what you are looking for, this is something to consider.

You could also get a guide from a program that does not teach mobility
tasks and teach them yourself once your dog gets home, provided that
the dog is big enough.

Danielle and Thai