[NAGDU] Go to the roof in case of needing rescue

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 14:34:59 UTC 2017

You have a few options.
If you have a folding staircase to the roof, your dog may be able to climb it. You should go behind him if possible.
If you need to use a straight ladder You will need to rig a sling of some kind. The best way is to use either a dog life jacket or backpack with a handle designed for lifting dogs, or a harness designed for the same purpose.  You will need to clip a roap to the d-ring.  If there are 2 people able to do this it will go easier.  The stronger person should be on the roof and should lower the rope to the person on the ground.  You can attach the rope to the vest.  The person on the roof  can wrap the rope around a chimney if possible for extra anchoring.
Once the dog is in the vest and the vest attached to the rope, the person on the roof will be responsible for hauling the dog up.  The person on the ground can help stablize the dog if possible.  If there is only one person, you will need to hook the dog up first, then clim'b to the roof, rope in hand and pull the dog up.
If you don't have a vest, you can rig a sling out of towels.  You should fold it widthwise
And attach the rope to it however you can.  If you have no rope, you can use leashes hooked together.
Hope this helps and stay safe.
 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com