[NAGDU] Reserved dog on routes

Andy B. sonfire11 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 00:00:54 UTC 2017

Hi,

Alec does pretty well on this 1.6 mile walk to Walgreens. He is right on
target going there. However, he is reserved and hesitant with certain parts
of the route coming home. For example, he tends to take his time at up curbs
and dilly-dally in the street. After experimenting around, it appears that
he is overly concerned about me tripping over the up curb while he walks up
the up-ramp. I have suggested left and straight without much success. I do
have to give him credit because most of the street corners are small and
narrow. Is there any way to improve his confidence on these type of street
crossings? It also seems that he is overly concerned with me stepping in the
grass and walking into extended bushes. Is there a way to let him know that
perfection is not the point? He seems to be particular. If any part of my
body touches something, falls outside the sidewalk, and can't fit on the up
curb, he stops and takes his time figuring out his problem. The only thing I
don't like is the extended amount of time it takes him to figure it out
before getting a forward correction.