[NAGDU] A new team: Raul and Larry

Raul A. Gallegos raul at raulgallegos.com
Sat Feb 11 03:02:57 UTC 2017

Hello all, last Thursday on February 2, Larry arrived. We began home training on Friday the third and have been training pretty much every day. Yesterday and today we had free days off to do what we would normally do without a trainer breathing down our backs. In the course of training, we have done various things like residential sidewalks, shoreline in without sidewalks, street crossings, riding the bus, going to restaurants, supply stores, and yes, Petsmart. I have to say that on Petsmart day, my dog did the best at the pet store compare two at the restaurant. Go figure. The trainer said it was probably because at least at the pet store he was moving around and still getting to smell things even if he wasn't actively distracted. Whereas at the restaurant, he was bored because he was laying under the table and there we were eating above him. Since he is a young dog, a lot of this is to be expected.

His name is Larry and he is a black lab who weighs 70 pounds. He gets along well with his "big brother" Cash and with Stacie. This is good because I told her that if Larry and cash did not get along, someone would be sleeping outside. She quickly responded that it wouldn't be her. LOL. So I guess I was quickly put in my place. Anyway, everyone gets along great and Larry has acclimated to his new surroundings and is bonding with me rather quickly. As I dictate this message, he is laying at our feet fastest Leap. I do not yet have the full bio on him or his exact measurements like height and width and all that good stuff. However I can say that he is very thin and has long legs. In fact one of his nicknames is Larry Longbottom. I will be writing more as things come up. Regarding places like social media, I will post something similar and include some pictures.

Thanks all!

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer - RGA Tech Solutions

Mobile: 832.554.7285
Work: 832.639.4477
Personal Email: raul at raulgallegos.com
Work Email: training at rgats.com

“Any teacher that can be replaced with a computer, deserves to be.” – David Thornburg