[NAGDU] Anxiety issues,

Jessica Snyder cloudedleopard2010 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 06:55:53 UTC 2017

Joe,
I feel your frustration more than you know. My dog does the same thing both on buses and slippery floors actually she scrambles on pavement too. At least in my situation the floor issue was noticed in class and has gotten worse in the 3 months we have been home. However, a trainer says for us at least the scrambling is due to excitement. It is definitely anxiety provoking  and embarrassing for me not knowing how my dog will react on flooring. Thankfully treats, clicking, and my dog's least favourite doggie push-ups are making small progress. My dog has similar issues on the bus especially when it is crowded. I also try massage etc but this is only minamally successful. Do you know if Matthew has ever been stepped on? This could contribute to his bus discomfort.
Keep us posted.
Best of luck.

Jessica Snyder
National Association of Guide Dog Users board member and social media chair