[NAGDU] Mange

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:41:09 UTC 2017

Hey yall,

What kind of mange do dogs get? The one that is transmittable to
humans? Should extra precautions be taken if you have carpet? When I
had my dog with me somebody mentioned there was mange in the yard. I
do believe in my heart of hearts she came in contact with it; though
the vet did not tell me this. They just said she had an infection on
her skin. She was given an oral med as well as an ointment and maybe
even some ear drops. Poor girl was miserable and scratching and losing
all her hair on one side, which is why I thought it might have been a
hot spot not having had experienced that before, but it did clear up.
Wouldn't it have made sense for them to be straight up with me? I
always thought about this after the fact and I never had opportunity
to take her back to that vet. Wished I had chosen a vet that was
farther away, but one that treated my first dog when we were here, but
I took a chance on recommendation of family members and I needed their
support with transportation. I do not remember having any symptoms and
I did not get scratched by her, that I can remember at that time. I've
had this on my mind for quite some time on and off and finally decided
to ask about it. Any experiences you all have had, or similar
experiences with crazy vets please share.

I was ticked and infuriated in spite of the fact she recovered,
because my regular vets would never have done this. Coincidentally, I
had the school where my children were attending attempt a similar
thing when all my kids played in the same backyard and got poison ivy!
I had to request for them to be medicated during the day at school and
they insisted that the doctor had written Contact Dermatitis as their
condition! So I informed them yes it was poison ivy and the school
nurse proceeded to say, Oh it's contact dermatitis. Same thing.
Dermatitis is just a rash or irritation of the skin. I promptly told
her this and it was end of discussion. Sure it could have been mange,
but that isn't what I was told and other folks from around hear said
it looked like poison ivy and they only had the typical symptoms for
poison ivy and the treatment prescribed was typical for it. The point
was just to get my kids well with school participation anyway! Which
did happen. Same with my Eden dog, who was a good judge of people and
situations. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you all!

have been all of these.
George Washington Carver
Email: singingmywayin at gmail.com