[NAGDU] Self-Introduction

Moshe Segal moshesegal at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 14 04:26:17 UTC 2017

Hi. My name is Moshe Segal, and I am a new Seeing Eye Dog user. I
attended the January class at the Seeing Eye, and returned home three
days early on January 23 with my dog Orion.  I am 50, and have been
asked why I decided to get a guide dog this late in life.

I have used a cane since my teens, and did relatively well, and would
have continued if not for a certain religious issue, preventing me from
carrying a cane on Saturday; there is a particularly busy intersection
near my home, which I am no longer able to cross without a cane or a
dog, and there are times when having a sighted person assist me is not
convenient or practical.

I look forward to interacting with the list, and asking and answering
questions and sharing experiences.  Regards.

     Moshe and SE dog Orion

---