[NAGDU] In Preparation for Warmer Weather

Lisa Belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Fri Feb 17 17:48:11 UTC 2017

Hi, Moshe.

I'm not sure where you live or what your dog's relieving schedule is.  Paige
generally does the No. 2 once a day, twice if she's been active or has been
excited by a friendly visitor.

Obviously you'd give the dog a chance before you leave for work or for a
walk.  If your work area has a good spot, give the dog another chance to go
there, or whenever you have a break.  I generally try to give my dogs a
relief time before harnessing up or before I will be inside for more than an
hour.

Paige has only gone while working once, so I'm fine about giving her a
chance to relieve before harnessing up.  We have a regular spot that's near
a dumpster, so I can just toss the baggie in there.

My last dog was a chronic in harness reliever.  I picked up, but there were
times I admit I would put the bag just off the curb so it wasn't blocking
the sidewalk and wasn't dirtying up anyone's property.

And yes, I realize there's a debate about removing the harness while the dog
is relieving.  For me it depends on the circumstances.  This particular dog
had some issues, plus she would indicate she had to go by moving us to the
closest curb or grassy area, so I didn't consider it a behavioral issue.

The other ideas would be to double bag or use a ziplock type bag.  This
would maybe cut down on the smell, though there's no guarantee.  you could
also work on teaching your dog how to find a waste can or dumpster.

Hope this helps some.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com
IF THE HOUSEWORK IS DONE - THEN THE COMPUTER IS Broken!