[NAGDU] Dog Distractions

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 19:49:07 UTC 2017

Hi Jordan,

It is upsetting to know that despite the dog behaving in such a manner
towards other dogs the school put Belto out anyway.  To me this seems like a
very irresponsible decision.  If your dog has been doing this all his life
there probably isn't much you can do to control it.  The schools should be
much more careful about the dogs they put out.  When you had the problems on
class they should have immediately given you a different dog and not send
you home to deal with it on your own.  If the school will not help then your
only choice would be to hire your own animal behavior expert and hope they
can help you solve the problem.  Unfortunately the reality is that you might
have to make the very difficult decision to return Belto to the school and
request another dog without dog distraction issues.  Good luck.

Sandra and Eva