[NAGDU] acquiring dog for owner training

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 19 15:10:38 UTC 2017

Wayne and Buddy, I'm curious where you acquired the dogs you trained.  I've
looked at costs for a well-bred pup, and they can run up around $1000, as I
recall, which already hits the amount Wayne estimated for his owner-trained
dog.  I know some people have acquired a shelter or rescue dog, but they
have said that's a bit hit-and-miss-you might get a dog who can be a guide,
or you might not. Though admittedly the whole process is a bit hit-and-miss,
whoever trains the dog and wherever it comes from.

Tracy