[NAGDU] Traveling in Pairs

Nancy VanderBrink vandyvanderbrink at outlook.com
Thu Jan 26 17:10:33 UTC 2017

Hi there,
My husband and I both have dogs and sometimes we do what Cindy mentioned and follow the other. I have better vision inside then my husband doesn't he has better vision outside than I do because the glare bothers me so much. So for the most part if we're going in somewhere like a restaurant or something I will go first and my dog will follow the waiter or whoever that we are following to go find our seat.  If he - meaning my husband - feels uncomfortable, like if it is a really busy restaurant; he will grab onto my hood if I am wearing a jacket or onto my purse strap. I wear a cross body purse because I feel safer that way carrying a purse and it makes a nice handle if my husband feels like he needs to hold onto something.
The other part of this that makes things interesting is I am a much faster walker then my husband, so without meaning to I outpace him and he is not able to keep up with me.
In situations where we are outside and to me it looks like I am in a blizzard and can't see anything, my has been will go first with his dog and my dog and I will follow behind.
If we are crossing streets I am a little bit more anxious about popping off the curb as soon as the red light changes. So I tend to step out first and get at least partway across the road before he gets started.  We have experimented with trying to cross next to each other but what winds up happening is I wind up at the curb first.
It may be a bit unorthodox but it works for us.
Nancy & Doc

Sent from my iPhone