[NAGDU] if you had a magic wand

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 22:08:00 UTC 2017

			I found access issues very difficult. There is a
Lewis Black skit where he talks about 9/11 and how everybody's first thought
was "This really f***'s up my plans!"
That was how I felt about access issues. I don't have it in me to be a
pioneer, at least not on that front when all I want to do is enjoy time with
my family or friends.
I found the way the police treated me during such issues disrespectful and
upsetting.
Conversely, when I've needed the police in a couple situations that were not
access denials, they knew exactly what to do and responded appropriately.
The other thing I'd change is the attitude by just about everybody that you
disappear off to training and come back with a fully functional team. I've
said it before on this list, and I'll say it again, having a baby and
raising children is far easier then dealing with the attitude that something
is wrong if the team is not fully functional the second you get home.