[NAGDU] Hello

Janell nellie at culodge.com
Sun Jul 9 15:26:17 UTC 2017

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself to the group.  My name is Janell
and I have a guide dog, Sully from OCCUPAWS in Madison Wisconsin.  I live in
a small town, Chetek, in northern Wisconsin.  Sully is my first guide and we
have been together for almost 3 years.  I am married and have 2 boys and I
was a special education teacher for 15 years before retiring a few years ago
at 40.

I am assisting with our OCCUPAWS conference call this week and I have to
discuss how to keep safe while walking at night.  I was wondering if anyone
had any experience or information they could share about this topic?  Living
in such a small community the only thing I have to worry about (hopefully)
are the bears.  I have tried to search for some info but I am not having
much luck.

I look forward to reading and sharing experiences with this group!!

Thanks in advance for any help/stories/information, Janell and Sully  :)