[NAGDU] Escalators, and how different schools handle them?

David david at bakerinet.com
Tue Jul 18 21:07:58 UTC 2017

Julie, I don't think anyone should criticize you for making this decision.

I have the same feeling as you do about the boots.  Ruffwear makes boots
to your pup's size, but even then I wouldn't let a guide dog on an
escalator with boots on.  My experience of getting my trousers caught in
the escalator at the Atlanta Airport tells me that too many things can
go wrong when you have fabric near moving parts.

*David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com

*
On 7/18/2017 4:21 PM, S L Johnson via NAGDU wrote:
> I have not put any of my dogs on an escalator since that horrible day.
> Someone mentioned putting booties on the dogs paws but I would think that would be dangerous because the bootie could get caught and the paw injured too.  All the booties I have seen are a bit big and sloppy on the dogs paws.

---
http://www.avg.com