[NAGDU] Escalators, and how different schools handle them?

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Wed Jul 19 18:11:21 UTC 2017

Hi Heather and all,

As the IGDF is dominated by Guide Dogs UK and they do train escalators I think they do allow escalator training but they leave it to the schools. I wouldn't suggest you use escalators in Germany if you can avoid it as there are laws in place prohibiting dogs to use escalators. Now, don't get me wrong, if there was no other way I might just pick up my dog and use the escalator annyway. Personally, I think it's only a question of time and they will start training escalators over here as well at least for the people living in big cities like Hamburg or Berlin. However, at the moment oposition to escalator training is very strong over here. As far as I know, the same applies to Austria and Switzerland.

Thx and kind regards,

Bianka