[NAGDU] nail grinders for our dogs

Jean Menzies jemenzies at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 30 16:54:09 UTC 2017

I have tried many, and personally don't like the ones that specifically say
they are for pets. I find them slow, and not strong enough for lab nails. I
recently bought the Dremel Micro, which is battery operated and very light
and easy to hold in my hand. I find I can get my fingers and grip up really
close to the spinning grinding head, and can control how the nail hits the
grinding band. One thing to note with a Dremel or any grinding tool. If your
dog has long hair on its feet, use a sock or nylon that you put on the foot
so that the hair is held back. Also, note the direction of spin on the
grinder. The direction must spin away from the nail, not toward the dog's
foot. If it spins back toward the foot, it drives the nail up into the pad,
which is unpleasant for the dog. So, if you hold the tool in your right hand
with your dog on your left, the spin should be away from yu. If you prefer
to sit facing your dog, the spin should be toward you.

Jean