[NAGDU] Guide dog accessories

David david at bakerinet.com
Thu Jun 15 17:53:14 UTC 2017

A few of things that I have found helpful:

A four inch steel carabiner snap clip that I put on a belt loop to hold
a standard tube of poop bags.

Collapsible silicon bowls from Ruffwear, plus a waterproof fabric water
bowl that I can fold up in my pocket for long walks when it is hot.

A Camelbak bottle with an insulated sleeve I clip on my belt that I can
put ice cubes in for treats on hot walks.

A small clip hook on a short canvas strap with velcro that I attach to
her harness to carry filled poop bags until she finds a trash can.

A tough food bag from Ruffwear that I can carry on trips to hold about a
week's worth of kibble.

Goughnut Max toys, because she is an incredibly aggressive chewer and
eats Extra Large Extreme Kongs.  (Takes chunks out of the Kongs in minutes.)

Huckama, an elliptical ball from Ruffwear that she loves, because it's
bounce is erratic, it's tough, and has almost neutral buoyancy so that
she has to have patience to retrieve it from the pool.  (She has to
tread water until it rises if she misses it on her leap into the pool to
retrieve it.)

(I buy Ruffwear stuff, because they make tough outdoor camping and
hiking gear for dogs.  They deeply discount their items for service dog
owners.  If your pup is not as active as Claire, you might not need the
heavy duty stuff.)

*David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com*

---
http://www.avg.com