[NAGDU] Freedom Guide Dogs

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:51:37 UTC 2017

John Bifield is truly amazing. He helped start the home training aspect of
the GDF program. He helped start the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation as well,
turning it from a breeding program providing GSDs to various guide dog
programs and other programs using GSDs into a guide dog training program in
its own right, then he went to Freedom Guide Dogs, which like Fidelco is
another purely home training program. He is really excellent. I cannot wait
to meet him. He is a legend, seriously.

Heather Bird
"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't
a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I
wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." -
Martin Niemöller
In our diverse society we must never fail to speak up in the face of Human
Rights violations lest we be the next targets of such violations.