[NAGDU] Treats VS. clicker training

Ann Edie Annedie at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 14:48:39 UTC 2017

You can still use clicker training even without having a free hand to click
the mechanical clicker. If the dog has been introduced to the clicker during
its training, then you can use a tongue click instead of the mechanical
clicker while working the dog. Also, once the dog is familiar with clicker
training, you don't have to worry quite so much about getting the treat to
it within 3 seconds. When you are teaching a new task, then the precision of
the click and the prompt delivery of the treat are important information for
the dog so that it associates the exact behavior you are wanting with the
"yes" signal and the reward.

Ann