[NAGDU] Retired Dogs & Rent

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Jun 21 22:23:50 UTC 2017

Short answer: when your dog retires, it's a pet and no longer a guide. The landlord would be within his/her rights to charge any fees ordinarily charged to pet owners, or to not allow the dog.

Having said that, however, if you've got a good relationship with your landlord, it's possible that s/he won't care. Mine didn't when we rented from this guy. He knew Karl, knew he was retired, knew we were responsible, and that we were good tenants, so he was good with us keeping him.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name