[NAGDU] Retired Dogs & Rent

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:56:13 UTC 2017

A few years ago, before I bought my condo, I was living in a pet-friendly
apartment complex, but of course with monthly pent rent charges. I wasn't
charged at all, of course, for my working dog. When my retired dog came home
to me, I told the manager and asked if I needed to pay a pet deposit and
doggy rent. She talked to the owners and they decided they wouldn't charge
me for the retired dog. I was prepared to pay the monthly fee if they had,
but I was glad they didn't. I think it would be an individual apartment
management's decision, but technically, once retired the dog isn't a service
animal of any kind, so a person should be prepared to pay pet fees in rental
situations.