[NAGDU] Fidelco, was, Criminal background check

Lyn Gwizdak gwizdaklyn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 20:23:50 UTC 2017

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your detailed

On Jun 22, 2017 9:38 AM, wrote:

Hi Alana,

Perhaps Fidelio has a need for background checks because they are a home
training school.  They have many female trainers going into homes with
strangers. Or the prospective student has an unsavory past regarding
animals. But, really, how often is this a problem that causes a school to
do blanket checks of this sort on all applicants? To me, this all smacks
off Big Brother watching you.

I had a background check done on me to volunteer at a Navy hospital. I
worked with patients and in the office. Well, that's a military base
really. Checks are necessary in that case. But going to guide dog school???

Lyn and Aristotle

On Jun 21, 2017 2:53 PM, "Chantel Cuddemi via NAGDU" <nagdu at nfbnet.org>