[NAGDU] if you had a magic wand

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 26 19:04:19 UTC 2017

Thanks Raul, I have already suggested those things to my sister.  A lot of
people will find any excuse not to allow our guide dogs in their cars.  I
had to stop attending a church because none of the volunteer drivers wanted
my golden retriever in their car even after I offered to cover the seats and
floor mats with sheets or blankets.  Sighted folks can be very fussy about
their precious cars.

I am sure that is part of the problems guide dog users have had with Uber
and Lyft.  A few years ago I had trouble with a cab company where the
drivers owned their cabs.  Two drivers did not want dogs in their cars.  In
that case those drivers were told they had to take me and my dog or else
lose their jobs.  Another driver was the complete opposite.  He always
carried a big sheet in his trunk and would put it on the seat for my golden
Tara who had trouble fitting in the very small tight space between the front
and back seats.  He said he loved to see her ride comfortably instead of
being squashed in that tiny space.  At that time Tara was suffering from hip
dysplasia and it was painful for her to have to crunch herself up in tight
spaces.  I always gave that driver an extra big tip for being so kind and
understanding.

Sandra and Eva
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net