[NAGDU] Dog Distractions

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 16:39:20 UTC 2017

Hello:

To add to what Julie said.  No matter what the problem is and what you do do
try and solve it, nothing will happen quickly.  It takes time and consistent
work.  It may seem like you are not making any progress and then suddenly
things begin to turn around.  The most important thing is that you remain
calm and consistent with your praise and corrections when necessary.  It
does not help if when you are in a hurry you let your dog get away with the
bad behavior just because you do not have time to stop and correct for it
and redirect the dog's attention to their work.  Using a pinch collar is
just one helpful tool to be used when things are out of control.  The final
goal should be to get your dog so it will work happily without corrections.

Sandra and Eva