[NAGDU] Hello, and Uber Letdown

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Thu Mar 9 21:12:51 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,
First, it was nice to meet you at the CSUN restaurant NFB gathering last
Tues. in San Diego!

I see in your post that UBER drivers can get terminated for denying a guide
dog.  I don't use UBER myself but have ridden it with Lisa I, our Chapter
president.  I got to experience a denial on Christmas Eve when we were going
to a church service.  Lisa sent an email to some UBER ADA person in Chicago
and she emailed Tim Elder.  She did these emails after calling UBER to say
we were denied a ride and we needed another driver.  Meanwhile, we were
outside stuck in the rain.

What I need to know is do we still do the steps we took before emailing Tim
Elder?  As for the driver getting canned, I have no idea.  Is UBER supposed
to tell us if the driver got canned or is it good enough to be told that the
issue has been taken care of.  I'm like, what does that mean???

So, if you can clarify this for me, I'd appreciate it.

Lyn and Aristotle
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown