[NAGDU] Rides; I use Lyft

Peter Wolf pwolf1 at wolfskills.com
Fri Mar 10 18:21:21 UTC 2017

Hi Friends,

I want you all to know that I now happily and seamlessly use Lyft.

I have experienced often, that riding with Lyft is more pleasant than the competition, because the drivers are happy.  I find that left can add a minute or two to waiting times that I’ve been used to.  That’s nothing.  Lyft has a positive culture, and respects it’s drivers. You can feel it.  All around, it has been an improved experience.  I regularly ask drivers why they drive for Lyft.  Only one that I have I have ever ridden with has told me they didn’t drive elsewhere first.

I once had a lyft driver deny a ride, saying he was allergic to dogs.   When I called the company, they jumped all over it.  They apologized, and said that the driver broke their policy - drivers have to be willing to pick up anyone and know it when they sign the contract.  They called me twice with progress reports on what they were doing about it, thanked me for calling it in, and disciplined the driver noting that if it ever happened again they’d fire him.  They said it was his first time, or he’d have already been fired.  They credited my account for that ride and for several future rides.   Then they followed up with a letter and a call apologizing again, thanking again, and wanting to be sure everything was ok in follow up contacts.  They said that if it ever happened again, to call a direct line and put the driver on the phone to be dealt with immediately.  That’s service.

This company has a good culture.  I encourage you to use them.

-Peter