[NAGDU] [Njagdu] Blind woman and guide dog kicked off American Airline flight

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:29:59 UTC 2017

Hi Marsha,
you bring up a good point here.  i think that it is important for us to think about what we would do if something similar happened to us.  i know it helps me when i already have solid thoughts of what i will do and actions i will take.
for me personally, i would not allow myself to be thrown off of any airplane without the police doing so.  i would just sit there and refuse to move.  this reminds me of the days when blind folks were being thrown off planes for sitting in exit rows or refusing to give up our canes.  i know that traveling and airports and all can be a stressful time for many so, i say, be prepared, bring extra dog food, be ready to defend your rights.  sand firm and be strong.  i, for one, am not going back.
I also ask for no special treatment, no special seating, no special room for my guide dog etc.  the more we ask to be treated differently the more we are not treated like equals.
just my opinions.

Vivianna