[NAGDU] European Guide Dogs Federation petition

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 21 14:38:17 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

yes, I  know this is an American list. But I thought maybe there are
people on here who are interested in guide dogs in Europe and would like
to support the EGDF's project. So, here's an e-mail from the European
Guide Dog Federation asking for help:

European Guide Dog Federation newsletter
European Guide Dog Federation News
View this email in your browser (
http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&id=62b55d4110&e=209c54a58c)

** Sign Our European Parliament Petition for Better Laws for
Guide/Assistance Dogs
Just 5 minutes will make a difference

**

**
We have been surprised and dismayed to see that people working in the
European Parliament and the European Commission have no idea of the
constant problems
faced by disabled people with assistance dogs.
In Brussels, where European laws are made, taxi drivers often refuse to
take a guide dog and sometimes the police support the taxi driver rather
than the
disabled person.  Hotels try to charge extra for an assistance dog;
restaurants refuse service to a guide dog owner.  And it can be much
worse in countries
that do not have a culture of accepting dogs or where guide dogs are
extremely rare.

Eurocrats seem to believe that when the United Nations Convention on the
Rights of Persons with Disabilities was ratified, the problem was
solved.  But
we know that every day in every country assistance dog owners are
inconvenienced and even humiliated by being refused goods and services
by people who
do not know or do not apply the convention.

By signing our petition you support the need for a European law to
guarantee that assistance dog users have full access rights to all
public areas and
facilities.

Please note that you do not have to be European to sign the petition; it
asks for your nationality and every nationality in the world is included
in the
drop-down list.  We would be grateful if you take the time to support
this petition wherever you are in the world.

How to sign the petition:
1. Follow thislink: (
http://EGDFed.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&id=2e9259771e&e=209c54a58c
  ) and complete the form.
2. You will be sent an email saying that the account is created; click
on the link to log in.
3.  Click on "Support a petition".
4.  Search on our petition number "1140/2015".  A summary of the
petition is at the bottom of the screen.
5.  Click on "View" and then  "Support" and the job is done.

Today there are 201 signatures.  If each of you signs it, we can see the
number climb to over 1000, which would make it one of the
fastest-growing petitions
in the European Parliament.  If you spread the word in your organisation
and every guide dog trainer and user in Europe makes the effort to sign,
we could
achieve an amazing 15,000 signatures.

Why not do it now and watch the number grow?

Thank you very much

Executive Director
European Guide Dog Federation

Copyright © 2017 European Guide Dog Federation, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to
lisa.93 at gmx.de
  (mailto:lisa.93 at gmx.de)
why did I get this? (
http://EGDFed.us8.list-manage1.com/about?u=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&id=8fe7c71c23&e=209c54a58c&c=62b55d4110)
     unsubscribe from this list (
http://EGDFed.us8.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&id=8fe7c71c23&e=209c54a58c&c=62b55d4110)
     update subscription preferences (
http://EGDFed.us8.list-manage.com/profile?u=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&id=8fe7c71c23&e=209c54a58c)
European Guide Dog Federation . Marston Grange . Shuckburgh Road .
Priors Marston, Warwickshire CV47 7RS . United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=59c643ddcfe1d24aed667dc00&afl=1