[NAGDU] Declaration of Independence

Wayne And Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Thu May 11 14:02:37 UTC 2017

DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE:
Good Morning Everyone,

It just struck me yesterday that seventeen years ago on 03 May, 2000 I joined the ranks of Guide Dog Owners when I was matched with Leader Dog Sequoia. The beginning of my journey to becoming an Owner Trainer. Little did I know that Dog Day Wednesday where my Leader Dog experience would "Lead" me. LOL...

Three Leader Dogs, and three Owner Trained dogs later. I can look back in wonder and be amazed at where I am now.

That day, as when Morris Frank was matched with Kiss AKA Buddy, the First Lady of the Seeing Eye, I declared my independence!! About the time in 2010 when Harley D entered my life, I declared independence again. Stepping even further out of dependence. I thank all of the fine mentors, but most especially Jewel Blanche, for their willingness to share their time, and knowledge with me.

Seventeen years, where did the time go?

Thank you all for being part of my journey.
Today, and every day that I harness up my Guide Dog I am reaffirming my Independence!!

Yours, Very Sincerely And Respectfully,

Wayne M. Scace