[NAGDU] A valuable resource for Guide Dog Owners

Wayne & Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Tue May 16 18:47:35 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,
After a recent vision loss, yes, I've lost more of the little vision
that I was clinging to.
I decided to explore learning a screen reader. Since I'd already had a,
very little, experience tinkering with NVDA, and it was already
installed onto my comp, and it will run alongside ZoomText without
clashing. I decided to attain some mastery in NVDA-Fu.
To, luckily, find an excellent, free, tutorial series on AFB's website.
I listened to all of the installments that are available. You have a
choice of either watching a video, or playing an MP3 of the session. I
found them extremely helpful.
Does anyone know of a similar, free tutorial for JAWS? I plan to learn
JAWS too, later.
To keep this Guide Dog Related, knowing more than one screenreader/piece
of adaptive Tech, could be beneficial to blind Guide Dog users.

Here is the linkage:
http://www.afb.org/info/living-with-vision-loss/using-technology/assistive-technology-videos/learn-nvda/installing-nvda/12345

Your Mileage May Vary

Wayne And Harley D