[NAGDU] Ohio Guide Dog legislation

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Sat May 20 00:19:26 UTC 2017

Debbie,

	Language requiring documentation has been problematic in Michigan
where a State Attorney refused to prosecute because the blind person refused
to produce documentation based upon ADA. Since documentation is not required
under federal law, it puts a burden on those of us who may travel to Ohio
(as I did last month) and refuse to produce such documentation. It also puts
a burden on those who owner-train. If this is an issue, you may want to cite
the United States Constitution Article v, Clause 3 which is known as the
supremacy clause and clearly asserts that no state may make a law that
conflicts with federal law. Also, your packet may want to include our
resolution which I have attached. Keep up the great work in the Buckeye
state!

Fraternally yours,
Marion

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.