[NAGDU] Pilot Dogs training changes?

rickyjoecook at comcast.net rickyjoecook at comcast.net
Sat May 20 03:50:25 UTC 2017

Basically the change is in the way we work with the dog. For instance leash
corrections are very rarely given. In stead we work on praising the dog. If
say for example the dog is working and gets distracted we just stop until
the dog gets refocused. We stop and say forward until the dog does that. If
they start and are still distrcted we stop again until the dog gets back on
track. Kind of hard to explain exactly but I was amazed at what arefreshing
change it was. Even just saying no no no to the dog is not done but the
reforcement of the stop until the dog does what is asked. I also like that
Pilot is not one of the schools that encourages rewarding the dog with
treats while working. Pilot focuses on encouraging and praising the dog as
the reward for good work.

I hope this sort of answered your question. If not let me know and I can try
to better answer any specific questions.

Ricky Joe & Darcy