[NAGDU] Hawaii

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Tue May 30 20:22:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is the link to the web page that describes all requirements,
http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal-quarantine-information-page/guide-servi
ce-dogs-entering-hawaii/. I am not seeing any differences between the
entrance requirements for guide and other service dogs. A guide dog is
defined as follows:

""Guide dog" means any dog individually trained by a licensed guide dog
trainer for guiding a blind person by means of a harness attached to the dog
and a rigid handle grasped by the person." I wonder if that definition would
hold up under the ADA. I have seen in some articles where Assistance Dogs
International has set itself up as the expert and may well have been
involved in that definition.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson