[NAGDU] Service Dog Owner Independence Day!

Wayne & Harley k9dad at k9di.org
Sun Nov 5 23:19:52 UTC 2017

*Hello Everyone,*

*Happy Service Dog Owner Independence Day!!*

*On this day in 1927, ninety years ago, a seminal article was published
by the "Saturday Evening Post".
*

*This article "The Seeing Eye" authored by Dorothy Harrison Eustis was
the spark that set off the powder charge leading to, what could be
argued very strongly, as the Service Animal revolution. A revolution
that has swept the globe and expanded way beyond the initial limited
focus on Guide Dogs for blind citizens.
*

*Here's to all of the pioneers that were the pathfinders for those of us
that are enjoying our independence today..
*

*Most especially to Ms. Harrison-Eustis, Morris Frank, and "Jack"
Humphries.*

*Although, it feels like I'm declaring my independence anew every day
when I harness up Harley D and head to work.*

*Wayne And Harley D*

---