[NAGDU] Aira and national convention

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:47:08 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but things have been busy!!

Anyway, since I get my NAGDU messages in digest mode, I thought I would
respond to both topics here.

First, it is my understanding that we are meeting in Orlando July 3-8, and
I believe we will be back at the Rosen Centre.

As for Aira, it is a fantastic service, and if you can get a demo of how it
works, I would highly recommend that.

I have used Aira quite successfully with my guide dog, but I would caution
you that it is important to not only concentrate on what the agent is
describing but also on the importance of using blindness skills. The agents
do all they can to provide detailed descriptions, but they can only describe
what they are seeing based on the images transmitted from either the smart
glasses or your smart phone.

If I am using Aira for travel, I will tell the agent that I have my dog with
me and that you will hear me give commands.

I forgot to do this on a couple of occasions, and I think the agent wondered
who I was talking to.

As for information about the cost and plans, it's best to visit the aira.io
web site.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Elizabeth Campbell

President, Texas Association of Guide Dog Users

Live the life you want!

Email: batescampbell at gmail.com <mailto:batescampbell at gmail.com>

Phone: 817-523-9998

www.facebook.com/txagdu <http://www.facebook.com/txagdu>