[NAGDU] the open door policy

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 16:16:01 UTC 2017

There really isn't much you can do in these situations, but I think
holding your hand out just as you get up to the door is the best
solution. Also, when opening the door on the right, I kind of try to
position my hand so that I could stop the door on the left from
opening really quickly toward us. Somehow, it ends up being Thai who
gets hit by the door 95% of the time, not me. I noticed with some
doors where this happens frequently, he will stop about 12-18 inches
away instead of directly in front of the door. This works for me,
since I am still close enough to easily reach out and open the door,
but it gives him a little room to move if the door opens.

Danielle and Thai