[NAGDU] Planing to travel to the U. S.

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Sun Oct 15 17:35:51 UTC 2017

Hello list,

I am thinking of traveling to the U. S. Next year and considering whether to take my guide dog with me. My question is this: What can I do to make sure that my guide dog Aleska who was trained in Switzerland is going to be recognized as a guide dog in the United States. Our harnesses are white for example and look different to the harnesses used in the U. S. Would it maybe help to get a paper stating that she was trained by a school that is a member of the IGDF? Where can I find the ADA regulations (URls, etc., can I get help when I am there and I am denied access etc.).

Now, I do not want this to become a debate on access rights, I am looking for a pragmatic approach here. After alll, I want to go on vacation :).

Thanks for your suggestions,

Kind regards,

Bianka

Von meinem iPhone gesendet