[NAGDU] Krokus's allergies

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Oct 20 13:52:41 UTC 2017

The things I tried to help Krokus with his fall allergies didn't work, so I
took him to the vet yesterday.  He got a shot of antibiotics, because one of
his hotspots was a little infected, and a shot of something to make him less
itchy, which isn't a steroid.  The anti-itch shot is supposed to last 3-4
weeks, and maybe as long as 2 months.  Hopefully, by that time, whatever is
bothering him will be gone.  If not, we'll have to consider ongoing allergy
treatments.Neither of the shots seem to have made him sleepy; in fact, he's
been rather sniffy.  All those great autumn smells.

It was all pretty pricey, but it's worth it if it makes him stop scratching
holes in himself.  I could have taken him to the big hospital that gives
free treatment for guide dogs, but it's quite a schlep to get there and
back.  If this turns into an ongoing deal, maybe I'll go there instead of my
regular vet, but hopefully I won't need to.

Tracy