[NAGDU] Two dogs in a one-bedroom apartment

Nancy VanderBrink vandyvanderbrink at outlook.com
Mon Sep 11 12:03:02 UTC 2017

Both my husband and I have dogs and they get along great! They are both males and clearly one of them is in charge. They actually cuddle together. They sometimes play with each other but for the most part they kind of do their own thing. They each have their own bowl and they each have their own dog bed but sometimes they will swap. We found that having The beds in different locations seems to work better for us. Their beds are more like a pillow and so we found that they would drag them out in the middle of the floor and we would go tripping over them at 2 o'clock in the morning on the way to the bathroom. So your idea of having a crate in different locations I think is a good idea. I think you are concerned about something that really is not terribly a big concern. I am not meaning to be patronizing I am simply saying that these guys are around other dogs a lot and they spend a lot of time with other dogs sharing the same space when they are in training so I really think once they establish the pecking order of who is in charge then they will be absolutely fine. Now, when it comes to food and toys luckily we were able to put our dogs on the same food. The one dog has stomach issues and we have to avoid certain things with his food but the other dog could frankly live on just about anything and be absolutely fine so we definitely lucked out in that instance. I was told him many years ago that if you are going to switch your dog to something lamb and rice is a good formula but that was what I was told probably about 15 years ago so I don't know if that is true or not anymore.
We have a bucket that we put our toys in just to get them off the floor and out-of-the-way. One dog thinks it is a lot of fun to pull all the toys out and scatter them everywhere so we do have another container that has a lid and I will use that sometimes.

Please forgive the typos as this message was most likely generated using voice dictation
Nancy Irwin