[NAGDU] Mira guide dog school owner training multiple disabilities

Haylie Gallacher haylieandbelto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:29:50 UTC 2017

It is definitely possible to train your dog for more than one thing.  It
does depend on he dog though.  September and Belto I taught both how to
handle if I get a migraine especially one like I have right now that is bad
and I am out and about.  Both of those dogs somehow could tell long before I
could that I had a migraine coming on.  The dog has to be taught to slow
down for one, two they have to learn to make what they are doing a lot more
noticeable, and three, they have to be able to compensate for how bad my
balance usually gets.  Not much else changes since since Belto is already
taught to guide.  I just had to teach him the three things above.
Haylie