[NAGDU] not sure if this post is allowed but have a question

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 02:05:25 UTC 2017

Buddy:

My information may be out of date but,a according to the information I have
saved on my computer they changed it to be only dogs as being permitted as
service animals.  I do not have the exact date of my information so if there
is more recent language to the law, can someone post the link so all of us
can have it.

Personally I do not think the mini horse is practical for all situations,
especially as you said in small cars, public transportation restaurants
etc...  However for someone living out in the country with the room to
accommodate a mini horse then even though I do not approve, what you do is
your business.  This conversation does show that better education is
necessary so all places of public accommodation are completely aware of the
latest language to the law.  I am sure that Ann can clear up any
misconceptions that may exist.  My main disapproval comes from being kicked
by a mini horse guide in training that was at a national convention several
years ago.  Both me and my guide dog were injured when we walked too close
behind that horse as we attempted to get out of a very crowded room.  I
suppose since she was still in training her trainer should have been
watching much more closely especially in a crowded room full of blind people
and our dogs.  I am sorry if my opinion is upsetting to anyone.  I would
feel the same way if a guide dog or one in training acts in a dangerous
manner resulting in injury to me and my guide dog.  We do have to be sure
that service animals in training are far enough along with their training
that their behavior is appropriate to be out in public.  Thanks for reading.

Sandra Johnson
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net