[NAGDU] re post on air b and b

David david at bakerinet.com
Thu Sep 21 16:34:21 UTC 2017

There is a possibility that an VRBO could assert that the dog presents a
*direct threat* to this purported other renter, but the argument is
specious.  Medical evidence is pretty conclusive that this would not
present a threat if the premises was properly cleaned in the normal
course of business.

Like you, I'm not a lawyer, but the plain language is pretty clear.

*David and Claire Rose in Clearwater, FL*
*david at bakerinet.com

*

    §36.208   Direct threat.

(a) This part does not require a public accommodation to permit an
individual to participate in or benefit from the goods, services,
facilities, privileges, advantages and accommodations of that public
accommodation when that individual poses a direct threat to the health
or safety of others.

(b) In determining whether an individual poses a direct threat to the
health or safety of others, a public accommodation must make an
individualized assessment, based on reasonable judgment that relies on
current medical knowledge or on the best available objective evidence,
to ascertain: The nature, duration, and severity of the risk; the
probability that the potential injury will actually occur; and whether
reasonable modifications of policies, practices, or procedures or the
provision of auxiliary aids or services will mitigate the risk.