[NAGDU] Playing in traffic

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Thu Sep 21 23:47:31 UTC 2017

Good evening list,

As I await my early 2018 tentative class date the trainer who did my
home visit recommended I practice crossing at traffic lights.  I was
told that although the lack of multiple traffic lights on my normal
routs would not keep me from being accepted to train at the school, the
routs at school did have them and it could be very stressful for me if I
don't practice ahead of time.

so a friend and I are playing in traffic in her town as it is a better
practice area. There are some really nice lights where you press the
button and cross with the parallel traffic, but there are also some
"all" stops where the cars stop and the pedestrians walk.  I am doing
fine with the parallel lights but the 5-way all-stops can be a bit
tricky.  When there is sufficient traffic I have no problems, but when
traffic is light I often have to wait for several cycles as i can't hear
when the north-south traffic has stopped (that is my cue to proceed). In
real life I would just walk the two blocks to the parallel crossing, but
in practice I want to master these tricky ones.

and yes, I cross alone once we have reviewed the crossings, and my goal
is to take the local transit to meet her before and after I return home
with my guide.

FYI, there are no audible traffic signals in her town and the ones in my
town aren't practicle for me to use.

Now, I may have the terms wrong, but hopefully you know what I mean.  My
point in this email is not to learn the terms(although knowing the
correct terminology might be helpful), but rather to learn

?what kinds of traffic lights are in the routes in Morristown, NJ. ??

Thanks,
Brenda
bjnite at windstream.net

light situation.