[NAGDU] The first time you met your dog.

Gary rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 14 17:00:26 UTC 2018

hi Tara:

I'm currently on my second dog.  with my first dog, Bogart, I was pretty nervous and anxious.  I didn't know what to expect with this whole guide dog thing having used a cane for 20 years. I was sitting in a chair when he came  and he came running boosted his head under my knee and then under my other leg, forcing my legs up into the air.  I thought was really funny.  this is what he did when excited and happy. have him a Nick name of Boostie.
with my current dog, Gonzo, it was very different. my school was doing a 3 week class but I had negotiated coming in for just two weeks to minimize how much work I missed.  so everyone had their dogs already. I got there Friday night and on Saturday I was to get my dog. however, no big ceremony in my room.  I just went down to the of leash area with one of the trainer's and he went and got Gonzo and let him fly from the kennel door.  he would brush by. me on his 100 mile an hour laps.  my first reaction to his name was what? Gonzo?  Bogart was such a cool name but now that I know Gonzo his name suits him and I prefer to think of Dr. Gonzo from Hunter A Thompson than the Muppet. :)

we are anxious because we really want it to work out with our new dogs and we want them to like us an did to like them I think.

good question.

gary