[NAGDU] Guide dogs aroundthe world, current developments

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Sat Apr 21 19:42:56 UTC 2018

Hi Cindy,

The philosophy behind the free running or the walking of your dog just on leash is that he/she can then just be a dog which is not the case if she is in harness. When free running or just on leash, my dog is allowed to sniff and she is allowed to have a certain ammount of freedom. The reasoning behind this is that this allows the dog some recreation time outside where he she can relieve some of the stress of harness work. Actually, I do carry a cane with me when I take my dog to the forest, however, I mostly don‘t use it. It‘s more for other people to relize that I cannot see them and yes, it is acceptable to use a long leash or a flexi leash in arreas where free running is not an option or if there is too much wild life around and your dog might have a tendency to chase.

Kind regards,

Bianka