[NAGDU] Retiring your dog: how you know when it’s the right time

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 04:53:04 UTC 2018

 Hi all, on a different thread the topic of dog retirement has come up a little bit. Apparently, there are schools who have a mandatory retirement age. I was just wondering about a few things. First of all, how have all of you known when it was the right time to retire your dog. I do feel like they have ways of letting us know. From my first guide it was a walk to the mailbox. She walked to the mailbox fine, but then she laid down while I was getting the mail  and when it was time to come back home her attitude seemed to be why don’t you just carry me home. I just knew it was time. I recently retired my current dog. I knew it was the right time for when we went to my part-time job on the Saturday and she just didn’t perform up to her usual amazing standard. I was also wondering about those of you who’ve gone to schools where there is a mandatory requirement to retire your dog a certain age. What is this been like for you? How have you dealt with it? Thanks for any information!
Tara

Sent from my iPhone