[NAGDU] Faster training times. Is this a growing trend?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 17 18:30:44 UTC 2018

Hi Tara.
I've done the schedule you're doing at TSE twice, and it's been fine.  A couple of my classmates had dog switches, so had to stay extra with the first-timers, but that's a great thing about the way TSE runs classes--retrains get out early, unless there's a problem.
I do think first-timers need more time to get accustomed to working a dog, as well as getting into good habits of work and care.  I think GDB is offering everyone very short classes, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.  But then it's been a long time since I was a first-timer, and maybe it's not as hard as I remember.
I think, overall, it's a good thing.  Most of us have active lives, and it can be hard to get away.

I'm very amused that your message said "guy ducks" for Guide Dogs!  Dictation, I guess.
Tracy